Monday, April 21, 2014

Preview: May Reads & Bout of Books 10

It's a bonus post! Yep...I already gave you one post this morning, but now you get another. If you're looking for today's "R" post for the A to Z Challenge...head this way...

This has nothing to do with this month's current A to Z Challenge, but it's a bit of a preview for next month. May is going to be another busy one. And it's something new. I'm really excited!

Source - Credit: Aspen Mays

May is the first of my two book-themed months for 2014. Yay!

Those of you who have been hanging around for a while know that I love to read. I have given myself a reading challenge (monitored by my progress over at Goodreads) for the last four years. (Wow. Four.) At the end of each year, I pit the books against each other in a no holds barred battle to the death and the winner comes out on top as my Book of the Year.  (Check out the winners from 2011, 2012, and 2013 below.)

       


This year is no different. The bracket has been drawn and the gauntlet has been thrown. The goal is 64 books and I already have some good contenders. Bring it!

Last year, I participated in my first ever read-a-thon here on the blog. Both Darian (my 11-year-old...he's over there --> in the sidebar) and I participated in the Summer Lovin' Read-a-Thon with Read-a-Thon Central. It was so much fun! We did some themed posts, got a lot of books read, and pulled an all-nighter partying for the 24 hour read party.

When I was setting up this year's plan, I knew I wanted to do another Read-a-Thon. Sadly, something has happened over at Read-a-Thon Central, and they haven't ran any parties this year. But...I happened upon Bout of Books. Never heard of it? Well...I just happen to have some info handy.

Bout of Books

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. 

For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 
- From the Bout of Books team

So, there you go! I'll be participating in Bout of Books 10 this May. Even better? This year there will be two read-a-thons! (I'll also be joining Bout of Books 11 in August...our second book month.) I'm excited! Darian has promised to participate too...though he's currently cheating and rereading the Harry Potter series instead of new books. I told him that he has ten days to finish. Because I'm nice like that.

It will be great to finally get caught back up on my Goodreads goal! Plus...I have a nice little stockpile of book reviews that need to get put up on the blog. That's right...May will be all reading, all of the time! (Well...nearly...I have a couple of other surprises in store.)

***** UPDATE *****

Shortly after I posted this today, I received an invitation to participate in Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon this weekend. Because I'm a complete nutterbutter, I'm going for it! So, I'll be here (and on Twitter) for 24 crazy hours starting at 6 a.m. MST on Saturday, April 26th. Let's get ready to rumble!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips