Sunday, March 16, 2014

Summary Sunday: Sticky Fingers Edition

Hi there! I'm taking a break from being covered in ModPodge to get this post written before Sunday becomes Monday and I'm a day late again.

I've been working on a pile of projects over the last couple of days. I've been productive, but not as much as I've wanted to be thanks to a few snafu's. I managed to have some serious issues with the ModPodge yesterday and had a couple of foam brushes disintegrate mid-glue. I'm starting to lose my love for foam brushes. To which Collin said "Aren't those meant to be for temporary use?" Ugh. Doesn't he know that logic doesn't apply when crafting?

So now that I'm actually getting some things done, let's see what else I did this week.

Posts I Posted: I finished and posted not one, but TWO St. Patrick's Day projects. Amazing. Both projects are pretty easy and inexpensive to make...just the way I like them.


The banner took Collin two days to notice. I had to point it out for him. At that point he said, "Oh. I thought it had been there for quite a while, so I didn't say anything." My husband, Captain Observant, everyone.


The blocks were the start of the ModPodge mania. I'm still not super thrilled with the fact that the wrinkles showed up the way they did on the "y", but that's the nature of this kind of project. I suppose I could have done some creative photo editing to make it look like they didn't exist, but I both don't have the patience for that kind of thing and don't feel it's fair to misrepresent the imperfection of my own projects. After all, when I make a project based on someone else's post, I like to know that they occasionally struggle with getting things to look just so. So there you go...I struggle too. (More often that I would like to.)

Recipes I Tried: We had some thawed out ground beef that desperately needed to get used and I really didn't feel like doing anything extravagant on Monday, so we tried out the Stove Top Meatloaf. It will not win any beauty awards (hence the lack of a picture for you today), but it was delicious. Both of the boys wolfed it down. It also had the added bonus of being super simple. It took me about 5 minutes to prep and then I was able to work on my St. Patrick's Banner while it cooked.

Books I Read: As long as I finish What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty tonight (which I expect to happen), I will remain on track for my book reading goals. Amazing. I finished Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I loved it! You need to read it. It was just so good. I'm so happy and relieved to finally be on a streak of good books.

Projects I Worked On/Finished: Other that the St. Pat's crafts, I've been busy working on a few other things. I have two projects that will be up on the blog next week and I'm working on putting together a new cleaning schedule for the family that will be my first actual post for this month's theme of spring cleaning & organization. Sad, but true. At least I'm finally getting to it. Once I get that ready to roll, then there will be some other smaller theme related projects that should be able to get tackled. I'm also prepping some projects and photos for the big A-to-Z Challenge coming up in April. It's a monster undertaking, so I'm hoping to be sufficiently prepared come April 1st.

Favorite Pin of the Week: This week's favorite pin had me laughing out loud. It is actually a picture from a t-shirt for sale over at RoadKill T-Shirts that I found via Sugar Bee Crafts. I love it because it actually reminds me of my brother. He has a thing for T-Rex that's too long of a story to explain here and he makes hilarious cards for my family for birthdays...this seems like something he would do.


See. Hilarious. Poor image quality...but hilarious.

And now I'm off to get back to the ModPodge. Don't forget to wear your green tomorrow! Happy St. Patrick's Day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips