Sunday, March 30, 2014

Summary Sunday: Preparation Edition

It's Sunday again...that means that spring break is almost over. Bummer. I was really enjoying my time off. But...it's back to work and the real world tomorrow. I really need to win the lottery so this work thing stops getting in the way of my fun time.

It's been quiet here on the blog, but don't worry...I've been plenty busy around here getting stuff ready for April's A-to-Z Challenge. It starts on Tuesday! I'm getting pretty excited. Still a lot of work to do, but I'm fully prepared for the first few days and hope to get more work accomplished today.

So let's wrap up the week and get me back to prepping!

Posts I Posted: Like I said, I was a little preoccupied with getting April posts ready to roll, so the blog got a little neglected this past week (in a sense). In fact, I only posted one little solitary post all week. So sad! But it was a good one...if you haven't tried Chicken Enchilada Pasta, you need to.


Recipes I Tried: In an attempt to try and use up some of the chicken breasts holding my freezer hostage, I busted out the CrockPot this past week and tried something new. I hit my Pinterest boards and pulled out the recipe for Italian Cream Cheese Chicken from Lindsay over at Artsy Fartsy Mama. I've followed her blog for a while (yes...initially I started reading just because I giggled at the blog name) and she's got some pretty good stuff over there. The chicken was no exception. Darian and I really enjoyed it. I do so love good CrockPot recipes.

Books I Read: We have another entry for the 2014 Book of the Year! I finished up Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I quite enjoyed it. I'm still one book behind on my Goodreads goal, but I just started my first book from NetGalley and I'm kind of excited about it. I'm reading The Undiscovered Goddess by Michelle Colston. I think it might be a pretty light read and a good change of pace from all the YA fiction I've been diving into lately. Fingers crossed that the streak of good books continues!

Favorite Pinterest Pin: All of my pins this week came from posts on blogs I'm subscribed to. I didn't actually set foot (finger?) in/on Pinterest this week. I'm actually nearly three days behind on posts. It's probably ugly over on my Feedly right now. I seemed to be on a bit of an upcycle kick. I pinned a lot of decor projects using repurposed items. I actually really love this bench/coat rack that was made by Anna Bananas Furniture. The color is adorable and I love the fact that they used doors for the backing. Someday I will have enough room in my workspace to make something like this.


And now it's back to the prep work. I still have some photos to edit and some projects to recreate/finish for photos, but more than half of that work is finished. Phew! I'm looking forward to a fun filled (and post filled) April!

1 comment:

  1. I came by to read your A post.. Guess I was a bit too early :P

    Ishithaa
    #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips