These aren't much more difficult than the pumpkin spiders. However, there was an increased amount of cursing as I realized that I purchased the wrong adhesive yesterday. The one that found its way into my cart takes forever to dry.
I started with the remaining black painted mini pumpkins and added some nice evil eyes.
I used the same templates as some of the bats in the bat-mobile, cut a couple of them out on some sparkly black cardstock using my Pazzle, and clipped their wings from their bodies. That sounds terribly gruesome.
The next part was the hardest...mostly because of the misbehaving glue. I molded a pipe cleaner around the outside of each pumpkin. After that, I glued a wing to each side. Once the infernal glue dried, I wrapped the pipe cleaner back around the pumpkin and twisted the top as tight as I could...keeping the pumpkin inside its wings.
A quick wrap of fishing line around the pipe cleaner and then up to the light sconce and...with the help of Collin's handy dandy Eagle Scout knot tying skills...flying bats now flank the front door.