Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Guest Post : Darian's BOTY 2012



I have finished Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan. This is the third in the Percy Jackson series. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because I didn't super like this one, but I still liked it.

In this book, Percy goes on another quest. Percy receives a distress call from Grover that he thinks he has found two half-bloods. Percy's friend Tyson from the last book has come back. Tyson has been away at Poseidon's palace since the winter. He came back because he had made so many swords for his boss, Cyclops, that he got the whole summer off.

In this book, the quest is to go find the goddess Artemis because she has been kidnapped by the Titans. The Titans are the rulers before the Olympian gods. In this book, you are introduced to a new group of people: the hunters. The hunters are girl half-bloods who have chosen to hunt with Artemis. Two of the hunters come on the quest to help save Artemis.

I liked this book because this one has a lot of monsters, it has pretty good descriptions and it has a lot of new characters. I thought that the monsters were really cool. There was also a lot of action in this book, which made it a lot better than the second book - almost as good as the first one. I would recommend this book to people who like fantasy and adventure.

The next book that I am reading is Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth. I am also reading the book Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson.


I am doing Book of the Year on a bracket. I am putting all of my books down as I read them. At the end of the year, I will compare all of them and decide which one of them was my favorite book of the year. This is what my bracket looks like so far :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips