Sunday, January 8, 2012

Guest Post : Darian's BOTY Book 2

It's Summary Sunday! But before I get to my own stuff (as a separate post), speed reader Darian is back with his next review, The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (the 2nd in the Percy Jackson series).

*****************************************


I rated this book 3 out of 5. This book is shorter than the first one.

In this book, Percy has dreams of Grover trying to get help from him. Grover is in a cyclops' lair and Chiron gets fired because Thalia's tree gets poisoned. Percy Jackson, Annabeth and Tyson (a cyclops) have to go into the sea of monsters to find their friend Grover and to get the Golden Fleece in order to heal Thalia's tree.

I don't really think Ares should have been in this book because he's not really important to the story. I wish there would have been more monsters.

My favorite part was when Percy and Annabeth called themselves "Nobody". They used the name Nobody because the person who had stabbed out a cyclops' eye used the same name.

My least favorite part was when the fake pigeons attacked the chariots because that just doesn't really seem right. Why would there be pigeons that would attack you while you're in a chariot? They should have at least made the monster something better.

Overall, the reason I gave it 3 out of 5 stars is because this one doesn't really have a whole lot of information, but I still liked it because it still had battles and a tiny bit of what the first book had. I liked it enough to keep reading the series. I'm reading the third book now. The third book is Percy Jackson & the Titan's Curse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips