Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Summary Sunday - Yet Another Monday Holiday Season Edition

Well...here I am writing another Summary Sunday post on a Monday night. It's just pathetic really. But, I will let you know that I had some lovely bonding time with my sewing machine over the weekend. Between Thursday afternoon and the wee hours of Monday morning I logged over 25 hours of sewing time plus some additional time for cutting and planning.



The final stats don't reflect my hard work very well, I'll be the first to admit. I currently still have six remaining projects to finish. However, five of those six projects are currently in progress with four of them nearing completion. In addition, three of the ones near completion are the large projects, so I'm feeling pretty good about myself. By the time I go to bed tonight the biggest undertaking should be well underway. The one project that hasn't been started is waiting on a little assistance from Collin, which I hope to get tomorrow night. (I was supposed to get help tonight, but he got called into work for the evening.)

I've been rather cryptic about the projects since they're all gifts so I apologize if I've confused anyone. I will say that each year I've done one large homemade gift in addition to any smaller homemade items. The last three years have been photo quilts. Three years ago was my mother, two years ago Carole, last year Collin's grandmother. Three years ago I started the insanity of multiple large projects as I have made scrapbooks for my mom, dad and Carole.

I've been quiet about who is receiving the big project this year so far. Technically there are multiple big projects, but one item is a particularly large undertaking. I've decided to go ahead and let the cat peek out of the bag. You still don't get to know what exactly I'm making, but this year the big project is for my sister-in-law, Emily. I'm really hoping she likes it. I think it's going to be really cute when it's all done.

As for the rest of the summary, there's not a whole lot to say. I've been spending nearly every waking moment at the craft table or on the sewing machine. I'm getting a lot of Gilmore Girls watching accomplished in addition to projects, but not much else.

Recipes I Tried : I did attempt one new recipe last week. I made Tuscan Chicken Milano. I'll be sharing it on another date, but it turned out alright. I've already decided on a few modifications to the original recipe. Not really a surprise, I suppose.

I am still reading The Girl Who Played with Fire. I figure I'm going to be down to the wire on my book reading goal as well since the last five books will probably have to happen sometime between Christmas and the 31st. I'm nothing if not dramatic. I try really hard to keep you all on the edge of your seats.

Speaking of...I'm going back to work on Emily's gift. I hope to be back on Wednesday night with an impressive update. Fingers crossed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips