Saturday, May 11, 2019

Bout of Books 25: The Sign Up




Here it comes again! It's time for the Bout of Books Read-a-Thon! This is the 25th round of one of my favorite read-a-thons and it will be my 13th (whoa!) time participating. Fittingly enough, it starts on the 13th of May.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, Twitter chats, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 25 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

It's a nice and relaxed, week-long read-a-thon and always a good time.


The Plan:

I'll be participating, but I won't be around for the entire week. I will be headed out of town for a whirlwind trip to a friend's college graduation on Friday and returning on Sunday. There will be some airline reading on both Friday and Sunday, but Saturday I'll mostly be spending time with my family. This means I most likely won't be around for the Saturday Twitter chat, but I'll still be popping in on social media here and there over the three-day span. In addition, I'm taking the Baby with me on the trip, so my airline reading may be minimal. Oh well...just remember, it's just flailing...not failing.


What I'll Be Reading:

I have a pile of ARCs to get through this month, as well as some book club reads and other TBR pile selections. I've gotten to love audiobooks over the last couple of months, so I will likely be mixing text and audio as I go. I find that audio works really well while I'm getting ready for the day or anytime I'm doing a lot of driving.

Currently Reading: 


I'm more than halfway through this one and it's reading fast, so I imagine I will have it finished before the read-a-thon starts on Monday, but I'm listing it just the same.


TBR Pile:

I'm creating this list based on a couple of things. Some are ARCs that I need to finish in the next couple of weeks, some are book club reads, and some are books that I put on my TBR at the beginning of the year. Oh...and don't worry, I don't expect to read all of them. I will be lucky to complete one-third.




 


Yep. It's a big ol' pile. And while I'm not sure which books will actually get read, I can give you an idea of some priority.

Definitely in the list:

          1. Before Us Like a Land of Dreams by Karin Anderson
          2. Things That Fall From the Sky by Selja Ahava
          3. Tamarack County by William Kent Krueger

On Standby (in alphabetical order, but not necessarily reading order):

          1. After the End by Clare Macintosh
          2. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
          3. Believe Me by Eddie Izzard
          4. Child of the River by Irma Joubert
          5. Daisy Miller by Henry James
          6. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
          7. Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
          8. On the Come Up by Angie Thomas
          9. Red Clocks by Leni Zumas
          10. The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
          11. They Both Die At the End by Adam Silvera
          12. Where Are the Children? by Mary Higgins Clark


Goals / Progress:

Bout of Books 25 Goals:

1. Read every day. (Totally counts even if it's 5 minutes.)
2. Read a total of 450 minutes (7 1/2 hours).
3. Read at least 3 books. (Finish at least 2.)
4. Read at least 8 books to the boys.
5. Read at least 400 pages.
6. Participate in a Twitter Chat.
7. Participate in at least three Instagram challenges.


Per the usual, I'll be busting out the Goal Tracker. I'll be keeping track of my progress using my spreadsheets and then presenting the progress via the tracker.



Updates:

Since my time is a bit scarce these days, there won't be a ton of updates. I'll likely do one mid-week and another for wrap up. Other than that, I'll be posting little mini updates on my Instagram feed.

I'll be updating the tracker as I go, as well as keeping a list of what I'm reading and what I've finished. You know...the basics.


Now...what about you? Are you going to join? You should! Not only is this one of the best read-a-thons for using your own pace, the Twitter chats are fantastic. Fair warning though...they may result in a more burgeoning TBR...the other participants sometimes have fantastic literary taste. Head on over to the Bout of Books website and sign up. You won't regret it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips