Sunday, April 7, 2019

Dewey's Wrap Up Post


Well...good news, bad news. The good news is that I checked the stats and I did read for more time than last readathon. The bad news is that I still made a very dismal showing, especially when it comes to how many pages of my own book got read. I've discovered that these children exhaust me and I just don't have the stamina to power through like I used to when I have them to chase around during the day. Oh well...they're fun. I guess I'll still keep them.

My stats are pretty sad, but here they are nonetheless.


I am still reading The Murmur of Bees by Sofia Segovia. I'm close to a third of the way through and I'm liking it so far. I read quite a few books to the boys yesterday, scattered throughout the day. I just left the stack on the dining room table and the Boy picked them out as he wanted to read. I designated some reading for before naptime and before bedtime as well.

Unfortunately, it was primarily naptime and bedtime that did me in. The boys did not succeed at napping yesterday. The Baby slept for about 45 minutes, most of which time was while the other two of us were consuming lunch. The Boy refused a nap. Ugh. By bedtime, I was a disaster due to the missed naps and the fact that The Farmer didn't even make it into the house until nearly 8pm. It was our standard trainwreck of a day. 

I read for a bit before crashing out, but I kept drooping, so I had to give in. It wasn't even midnight by the time I pulled the plug. So sad. I got a few more minutes in when the Baby woke me up at 5am, but it just wasn't enough to really make a dent.


Closing Survey :

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

I pretty much dropped out of the running around hour 17. Sad, but true.


2. Tell us ALLLLL the books you read!

I finished a chunk of The Murmur of Bees by Sofia Segovia for myself.

The boys and I finished 10 books :
Mustache Baby
Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
Construction
The Little Red Hen
The Duckling Gets a Cookie!
The Pigeon Needs a Bath!
The Fire Engine Book
The Little House
We Like Kindergarten
Click, Clack, Moo


3. Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?

We read my absolute favorite children's book, so I'm going to recommend it. The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton is a beautiful classic and I love it very much. It's been my favorite since I was a little girl.


4. What's a really rad thing we could do during the next Read-a-thon that would make you smile?

I'm going to go with what I said last time...

Send me a babysitter and a maid so I could devote my entire day to nothing but reading? :) (Wouldn't that be fantastic!?)


5. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?

I'll always be a participant when I can, but even that ends up being limited now, I suppose.

How was your read-a-thon experience?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips