Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Bout of Books 24: And In the End...


Bout of Books


You probably think I went off the grid again, disappearing from the blog for an unannounced hiatus. But...I didn't. I just went on vacation and ran out of time to do my wrap up post before I left. These things will happen.

Despite my complete lack of time for posting, I did find time for reading. I'm pretty darned happy with how this Bout of Books went -- except for the part where I completely space cadeted on the second Twitter chat. That was really a bummer.

I've finished up a couple of books since the end of Bout of Books and my reading for 2019 has gotten off to a really good start. I will credit Bout for a good part of that.


Currently Reading:



I got this one from the publisher in exchange for an upcoming review. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm completely confused as to where it's going to go and I'm quite liking that.

As far as how I did during the actual Bout of Books itself...the tracker looks pretty darned good with all its happy little checkmarks.

I managed to meet the majority of my goals. If I had tracked the pages read to the boys, I probably would have made my 600 page goal as well. But...I kind of consider that cheating since a lot of those pages have fewer than 20 words each.


Books Read:

 


I completed two books this time around, one for a book club and the other just for fun. They turned out to be somewhat similar in their genre due to the quirkiness of the primary characters, but that worked out well for me.

If you didn't participate this time, but want to get in on the action, the next Bout of Books is scheduled for May 13th - May 19th. It's a long time to wait, but there will be other read-a-thons in the meantime. Next up for me: 

24in48_v2-03_full color
(1/26 - 1/27)

The 24 in 48 Readathon is THIS WEEKEND. I'm super happy to be rolling right into another good reading period. 

What are you reading??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips