Friday, August 24, 2018

Bout of Books 23: Mid-Week Update


Bout of Books

It's officially the downhill slide of Bout of Books. It's been a little goofy for me since Friday is actually our family's Monday (work schedules can really screw you up...I frequently think that Thursday is Sunday). I missed out on the opening chat, but I have pulled up the list of A4 tweets from that chat so that I can search through the book recommendations. Nothing like continuing to add to my crazy TBR pile. 

I'm going to do my best to make it online for tomorrow's Twitter chat, but it lands right in the middle of our normal dressing/breakfast time for the boys. I think I may try to rouse them a bit earlier tomorrow so that it's playtime for the big kid and morning naptime for the little. Wish me luck...based on how today has gone for afternoon naps, I may need it. How long does it take to get through a 30 minute yoga workout? About an hour when your youngest decides he doesn't feel like napping and starts crying to be held every 3 minutes. Such is life.

I've been doing a little reading here and there, but my results for myself have not been altogether stellar. I will say that read-a-thons have a way of urging me to get off social media a little bit faster so that I have more time with a book in the evening before bed. That's definitely not a bad thing.

Here's where we stand right now...


Currently Reading:


Us Against You is the sequel to Backman's Beartown. It's so far quite good and I'm hoping it will live up to the level that Beartown set. Backman is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. He just has a way of writing with such wonderful emotional accuracy. It's easy to feel a connection to his characters. I love that. He makes his town, his people, and his story real.


Completed Books:


I finished Turtle in Paradise on Monday. It's a short little YA read that is really aimed toward the middle school set. It's a cute adventure story that stays pretty upbeat while dealing with some undercurrents of serious social issues and presenting a historical tale. It was not a bad read and certainly was a good one if you're looking for something easy to get you out of a slump.


Completed Books with the Boys:

This is the section where I really shine. We read before naptime and bedtime nearly every day. Since the books are short, we often get a few in at bedtime. This makes the pile grow pretty quickly. I've read through 18 books with the boys, not counting all of the little Curious George stories that we've been doing for naptime. Not too shabby. I won't list them all here since there are so many, but I have set up a Goodreads account for tracking reading with the boys and building a TBR for them. You can see what books we like by checking out our "Read" books there.


Overall Stats:

There are still quite a few boxes to fill, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to check off a good handful more before the read-a-thon ends. If nothing else, I'll at least be aiming to continue reading every day and to make it to that chat tomorrow. 

How goes your read-a-thoning?

1 comment:

  1. Love your goal tracker! Maybe I'll see you around the chat tomorrow, but otherwise Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips