Sunday, July 26, 2015

High Summer Read-a-thon


Have you been participating in the High Summer Read-a-Thon? It's hosted by Michelle over at Season's Reading.

Believe it or not, I am actually getting some serious FUN reading in this week. Amazing, right? I worked my tail off to get a ton of homework done in advance so that I freed up some of Thursday and Friday, most of Saturday, and all of Sunday for some relaxation reading. It's been lovely.

I'm still putting in a bit more reading this evening, but figured I'd avoided the blog for too long and should probably be giving some kind of update about how this read-a-thon has been going.

Darian has been participating here and there with me. It's a miracle! (I think he was mostly swayed by the potential eats on the read-a-thon table.) He's been able to pry himself away from YouTube videos long enough to finish one book so far: Will Grayson, Will Grayson. He struggled with it at first, but it was a good diversifying read for him and he ended up really liking it.

As for me, I've finished three books so far. I'm totally in shock over that fact and -- I'm not going to lie -- mildly impressed with myself. I set up the tent in the backyard (yup...the backyard) to give myself a nice outdoor reading spot and it's been awesome. I even took a little portable lantern out last night and read in the dark for a couple of hours. A change of scenery has been a good thing. I've completed one book for my Classics Spin and two ARCs. Honestly, it's just nice to read something that isn't academic.


I'll be doing full reviews on Nothing Like Looking and The Hand That Feeds You soon.

These three have allowed me to fill in a few more squares on my summer bingo card, so I'm stoked about that. It's also helping me to whittle down the TBR stack that's been taking up residency in my nightstand. Only a couple of books left there and then it's time to take on the TBR jar.

And now...well now I'm going to go get some more fun reading in. Final post for the High Summer Read-a-Thon will be tomorrow and this week's "Currently" post will be sometime between this evening and Tuesday dependent on schedule.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I adore the fact that you set up a tent for this read-a-thon, and that Darian is taking part!

    I had no idea this one was even happening... I'll have to catch it during its fall iteration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the week long read-a-thons. I feel like I do a little bit better when I can spread it out a bit.

      Delete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips