Saturday, July 26, 2014

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon: Wrap Up



Wicked Wildfire wrapped up a couple of days ago, but I'm just now getting to our final post. Why? Well...because I'm a procrastinator and I like watching House, M.D. Yup. Pure, unadulterated laziness.

So...how about a wrap-up of my worst read-a-thon showing ever? I am not super happy with my numbers on this one. Sad enough that I didn't meet any of my goals even half way, I also got bested by the kid...who had six fewer participation days. Pathetic. Let's hope I do better with the Wonderfully Wicked Read-a-Thon that My Shelf Confessions will be hosting from October 17th to 27th.


Elle's Final Stats 


Currently Reading:

Yes...I finally finished The Grapes of Wrath. And let me tell you, I totally wanted to give it the review of wrath. That book freaking ticked me off. I was so incredibly bored by it. The story had a great premise, an important piece of American history, but between the slang language and the idiotic Rosasharn, I wanted to throw the book against the wall. It was on my Nook though, so I refrained. On Goodreads there are about 5 billion raving reviews of the book. Nope...not me. I gave it two stars and don't feel a bit sorry about it. Now I'm throwing myself into young adult fiction to help assuage my pain and get out of my reading funk. I seriously blame The Grapes of Wrath for these horrible stats.


Total Time Read: 8 hours 38 minutes (518 minutes)

Goal: 21 1/2 hours (1300 minutes).



Total Pages Read: 356

Goal: 1600 pages.



Total Books Finished: 0

Goal: 6 books.




Darian's Final Stats 


Total Time Read: 22 hours 28 minutes. (1348 minutes)

Goal: 900 minutes



Total Pages Read: 1391

Goal: 900 pages



Total Books Finished: 3

Goal: 4 books.



We have one more day of the High Summer Read-a-Thon left, so we're still hitting the books. At least my progress on that read-a-thon won't look quite so awful now that I've finished a book. Thank goodness.

4 comments:

  1. I'm in awe that you finished Grapes of Wrath, I wouldn't wish that book on my worst enemy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap that book just about killed me. I thought for sure I'd be in good company with that opinion, but apparently the Goodreads community loves it. Tons of 4 and 5 star ratings over there. I almost felt bad about my 2 1/2 rating...almost.

      Delete
  2. I hate Steinbeck with a passion. Nobody is going to have good read-a-thon progress with that book. Great job Darian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Two fellow book bloggers that share my disdain. Makes me feel much better. I have to say, having Darian kick my butt is both good and bad. Glad he's such a great reader, but the competitive in me really wants to do better than him. :)

      Delete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips