Sunday, April 6, 2014

Summary Sunday: A to E Edition

Whew! I have survived week one of the A to Z Challenge! I'm working on finishing up the posts for next week to keep ahead of the curve.

I found a lot of new, fun blogs this week and I continue to work my way down the A to Z Participants list a little bit at a time.

I spent a LOT of time on the internet this past week and I'm hoping that I won't be quite so addicted to it over the rest of the month. As a result of that, I didn't get a whole lot of other stuff accomplished. Let's review what did actually happen...


Posts I Posted: This week posts A through E went up on the blog.

"A" was for Aprons...


"B" was for Boise State (a T-Shirt Quilt)...


"C" was for Cereal Box Coasters...


"D" was for Dress (a Gameday Dress for the Toddler Girls)...


and "E" was for Easter (a new bunting and placard to add to the holiday decor)...


Phew. That was a lot of work! And we're just getting started! This upcoming week will be projects from F to K.

I added a new tab at the top of the blog earlier this week so that you can find all of the 2014 A to Z Challenge posts in one place. There's a nice little tab up there labeled "A to Z Challenge 2014". See it? Pretty imaginative title, huh?

Recipes I Tried: Nothing new to report in this category this week. We ate a lot of leftovers along with some spaghetti and a kid-friendly meal of macaroni & cheese, peaches & peas when we babysat the nieces. It's time to go grocery shopping, but while we wait for our tax refund I'm putting it off as long as possible.

Books I Read: I'm struggling with the book I'm reading right now. I'm reading The Undiscovered Goddess by Michelle Colston. I really like the main character, but the methodology of the plot is giving me some issues. It also doesn't help that the only time I've been using to read is when I'm completely exhausted at the end of the day. Although I'm behind on my Goodreads schedule right now, my goal for this week is just to get this book finished. I know that the amount of time I'm spending with the A to Z will not allow me to get caught up just yet. I'm so proud of myself for being realistic (for once).

Projects I Worked On/Finished: I did one project this week and I wasn't pleased with the results. Yesterday we celebrated my nephew's 1st birthday (he actually turns one in a couple of days). I decided to make him a stuffed monster and built my own pattern. That part went fine. Then there was a debacle with the sewing on of appendages (specifically ears). It was awful. I was really mad. So there was a pile of stitch ripping and cursing and redesigning. The finished project turned out okay, but not what I had in mind. He doesn't quite look the way I wanted him to. Collin said he looked good and that I was overreacting, but when you have a specific outcome in mind "good enough" just isn't good enough. In fact, I was so mad that I didn't even take pictures of the finished project. I did keep the pattern though, so I think a redo will be in order. If he comes out the way I want him to I think he'll be pretty cute.

Favorite Pin of the Week: I spent a lot of time digging through Annie's Pinterest pins this week. I then chewed her out for being an irresponsible pinner (because I'm a good friend like that). Nothing is worse than finding something you really like and then having it not link to what it says it goes to. Recipe with a picture only, craft project with no tutorial (when it says it has one), group of projects that really goes to spam site. Ugh. Check your links before you pin, people. Or at least comment in your pin that the link is broken.

But...I did find some good things as well. In fact, her broken links actually led me to find a good one. This was my favorite this week:

The Farmer in The Dell Quilt, Farm Animal Quilt, Adorable Animal Quilt

It's a Farmer in the Dell Quilt from Victorian Sisters' Shop over on Etsy. I found it through a Google search after one of Annie's other links was broken. Happy accidents, I suppose.

And now I'm going to take a short break from blogging before I get all ready for this next week of the A to Z Challenge! Maybe I'll go get some of that reading done...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips