Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Shrimp and Pesto Pizza with Goat Cheese

Some days our best laid plans just don't work out. Today is one of those days. This was not the originally planned post, but it was a draft that I had started. Since I'm feeling a little under the weather today, building a full post is not in the cards. That just means that one of the February planned posts will get pushed to another date. Gotta roll with the punches some times.


So I actually made this recipe last summer. I honestly don't remember where I found it since I was pulling recipes from the internet, out of random cookbooks, and from a whole host of magazines at the time. It's not too shabby. In fact, the recipe is pretty simple to eat and the pizza was pretty tasty, but we all agreed that there will need to be changes for the next go round. 

You see, I braved it with the goat cheese. Turns out, none of us are really big fans. It's just a little too sour for our liking. So next time I think we'll switch to all mozzarella. I think I'll probably add some tomato and spinach in the mix as well just to deepen the flavor profile. You know I can't just leave a recipe alone. They're always being reinvented around here.

Up for trying it yourself?

The ingredients are pretty simple...

Pizza dough mix (I used a box of Jiffy Pizza Dough Mix)
1/2 lb. shrimp (thawed, peeled, and deveined; no tail)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4-1/2 c. pesto sauce
8-12 oz. shredded mozzarella
6 oz. goat cheese

And so are the directions...

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare dough according to mix. Coat a 14-18" pizza pan with nonstick spray. Roll out the dough to the desired size and place on the pan. Cook crust for 2-3 minutes.

In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Coat shrimp in seasoning. Heat oil in skillet on medium. Saute seasoned shrimp for about 30 seconds on each side.


Spread pesto on dough. Add shrimp and mozzarella. Spoon on goat cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees until the cheese starts to brown at the edges.


Can't get much easier than that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips