Sunday, November 20, 2011

Summary Sunday - Twilight Edition

It's been a project focused week. I've pretty much eaten, slept and breathed projects. I went out and purchased nearly everything I'll need to complete the presents on my list. I used a nice pile of coupons (of course) and I managed to save a total of $102 at JoAnn Fabrics in three separate purchases. In all, for all of the planned projects I spent around $150. Not too bad if I do say so myself. I'm excited for quite a few of the projects since they will involve trying some new craft skills.

I've managed to take a couple of small breaks. On Monday night I lost about 1 1/2 hours by accident. Darian has started 4H, working with the dog project Pawsabilities. He is working on training Piper and he seems to be having a pretty good time. Training is on Monday nights, so we hopped in the truck after work and drove the 25 miles to the training center. We got there early and sat waiting for the first people to arrive. After 15 minutes...nothing. I got the brilliant idea to pull up the email we had received from his group leader on my phone only to discover that there was no training this week. Fantastic. We ended up driving right back home.

I also took Friday night off. The orthodontist I refer my patients to had bought out the local theater for a private showing of the newest Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn. He has done this for the past movies as well. I gave my guest ticket to Patti and we met up with Erin and her friend Heather. I've read all of the books and I've seen the prior movies so I was somewhat excited to see it. Patti and I have decided that we were apparently in quite cynical moods since we were unable to focus on the actual story and spent most of the time poking fun at some of the horrible acting and poor directorial decisions. I'm glad I didn't pay the $10 required for the ticket, but I will probably watch it again after it comes out on video.

Speaking of Twilight, Collin & I are watching the first movie as we speak. Go ahead, judge away. I like it. It's not as fantastic as Fiddler on the Roof, which I watched earlier today while working on an advent calendar. I LOVE that movie. But...I digress...

So I suppose I should update you on my progress. I have finished a few projects this weekend - I'm actually pretty proud of how much I've accomplished. Unfortunately, I also realized that I had miscounted the total number of projects I had to complete. Originally I said 28, then modified that to 30. Haha, nope...still wrong. I recounted last night. True count of projects? 40. Whoops. As far as deadlines go I have two projects that need finished by Thanksgiving and four that need completed by the following Saturday. I don't see that as a problem. But...here's where things stand as of now... (I modified the graphic to allow for the total 40 projects.)


Recipes I Used : Ya...I'm  horrible. I really didn't cook anything this week...yet again. At least nothing that was new or fancy in anyway. I will probably continue to disappoint for the next couple of weeks on this front. Sorry about that.

Books I Finished : I started Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult on Monday night. I'll admit...it's not going well. I'm struggling to finish it. I'm thus far not a fan. In fact, at this point it is definitely my least favorite Jodi Picoult and it will probably get one of the lowest ratings of the entire year. I'm really hoping I can finish it in the next couple of days and move on to my next planned series.

I plan to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo next. This is partly due to the fact that I found out there will be a movie based on the book coming out soon and it will be starring Daniel Craig. I adore Daniel Craig.

Yes, please.
So of course I have to read the book. (Patti tells me that I have apparently been living under a rock since I didn't already know this.)

Posts I Posted : I posted another group of books and added 3 to the bracket. I was accused of foul play since Bossypants didn't make the final cut. I did really enjoy it, but I'm telling you...Anthony Bourdain is worth the read. Do it. Do it now. Is that enough peer pressure?

I dealt with a misbehaving child and created the graphic shown above. We're still struggling to keep the 9-year-old in line. I am currently devising a way to bribe him with Christmas presents...or maybe I should phrase it as threatening him with taking presents away.

I also shared my first attempts at knitting, including some mild kitty torture and the debut of Abigail's modeling career.

Projects I Finished : Sorry...no disclosing specifics until later. You're just going to have to wait.

And...since I've been very project focused this week there has been little by way of blog reading and internet surfing. So of course I'm back up to 250 posts to read and I have nothing fun to share. But...I do have some days off this week so maybe you'll get lucky next Sunday.

Now, back to the project frenzy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips