Sunday, January 6, 2019

Bout of Books 24: Let's Get Ready to Flail!


Bout of Books


Tonight at midnight marks the start of Bout of Books 24! (I'm in the central time zone, so I still have a couple hours until it's official over here.)

Bout of Books is one of my favorite read-a-thons. It's a week long read-a-thon with no pressure. The unofficial, yet slightly official, motto is "Flailing, Not Failing". You can't do this read-a-thon wrong. Whether you read 1 page or 1,000, it's all the same. It's about doing what fits for you and just having a good time. And with the people involved...well...it's always a good time.

I have set myself a loose set of guidelines for the week, so we'll see how it goes...


Bout of Books 24 Goals:

1. Read every day.
2. Read a total of ten hours (600 minutes).
3. Read at least 3 books.
4. Read at least 14 books to the boys.
5. Read at least 500 pages.
6. Participate in a Twitter Chat.
7. Participate in at least three mini-challenges.


Bout of Books 24 Reading List:

I'm more or less using the "by the seat of my pants" approach. I do have some books that I'm planning on having as options, but I tend to be a bit of an emotional reader, so I pick slightly at random. Therefore, I have a nice selection of books ready to pinch hit.

Definitely in the list:

          1. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
          2. Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter

On Standby (in no particular order):

          1. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
          2. Stiff by Mary Roach
          3. Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel
          4. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
          5. The Good Neighbor by Maxwell King
          6. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
          7. A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter
          8. Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende
          9. Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman
          10. Girl, Wash Your Faceby Rachel Hollis


The Plan

I keep track of my minutes by using the timer on my phone and then keep notes on my pages in there as well. I'll be doing the ol' spreadsheet tracking with additional use of the newly updated Bout of Books Goal Tracker. As I meet a target, it will receive a check mark on the tracker. The main tracker box will be updated to the current tally with every blog post.

As for blog posts to update my progress...well...I have two kids under the age of two, so there's no telling what my days will be like. I'm going to try to do at least one update during the week, possibly two. But...only time will tell.

At the end of the readation, all posts regarding Bout of Books 24 will be linked on the Read-a-Thons page.

What about you? Are you a reader? Are you going to take part in Bout of Books? Come join in on the fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips