Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Male Character Crushes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, created due to a fondness for lists. Each week they post a new Top Ten topic. After that, it's bloggers UNITE! Participate with your own Top Ten post, have fun, and get to know your fellow bloggers.

This Week's Topic:

Top Ten Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends (Which characters do you have crushes on?)

So...this is where I admit something painful and terribly embarrassing. Ugh. Okay...honest truth...I'm a terrible reader. Why? My memory is AWWWWFFUUUULL. Seriously. Unless a book has blown me out of the water, I rarely remember the plot or the characters thoroughly more than a year or two down the road. And even then, I sometimes crap out completely. It's a sad state of affairs. General gist? Sure. Full recollection or even well enough to write a reflective review? Ha. Really not much of a chance.

I'm attempting to rectify this issue by keeping a reading journal, but it's a work in progress.

The good thing about this particular fatal flaw is that I can read books over and over and still draw something from them. I can fall in love all over again. And heaven knows I probably should go back and read some of the better ones. The bad? Posts like this. Gah. I had the worst time coming up with ten. Five? Easy. No problem. Ten? I just about pulled my hair out.

But I did it. With a disclaimer. No judging me people. I'm old. But I read a lot of YA fiction. So a lot of these characters are younger. Like stupid younger. But give me a break. They're good characters that made me a little squishy inside. And hey...a couple of them are age appropriate. Just roll with it.

Alright...off we go.


1. Ciro from The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigiani


Ciro is just the sweetest. He is hard-working and devoted. Circumstances, to put it bluntly, just sucked. But his love for Enza. **swoon**


2. Clay from Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher


He's the boy next door. He's just so innocent and sweet. Again, as with The Shoemaker's Wife, circumstances suck. But Clay is just a good guy at heart. Any teenage girl would be lucky to date him.




He's got just a touch of bad boy. Just enough to make him a little on the dangerous side. And, to be really honest, there's just something about the time period...the dress, the manner of speech. 




Oh Roger. What a sweet guy. Seriously. And hey...I like his taste in music. Common affinities are important in any relationship.


5. Marco from The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern


His magic and physical manipulations make him obviously attractive. But he's also so charming and smart. He's good at heart and he's headstrong. A man with some power and good intent.





Oooh. Now we're talking. Sexy and dark. A bit of a bad boy, sneaky, and fighting the greatest evil.



He's willing to hurt the one he loves in order to save her. He's also willing to sacrifice himself for her...and the good of all mankind. Aaaah.


8. Lennox from The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan


A sexy Scottish sheep farmer who plays a little hard to get? Where are my farm boots? Sign me up. I liked him from the moment he showed up on the page.


9. Kostas from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares


Again, the foreign accent isn't hurting anything here. A sexy Greek man who has some solid values. He's uber sweet and a fantastic catch.


10. Henry from The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


Ah, the perfect tragic man. I love Henry so, so much. He's devoted and passionate. Following...pursuing...Clare through space and time. (It sounds creepy by saying it that way, but I promise it's really sweet.) Henry is my all-time favorite male character. He's just so...mmm.


How about you? Do you share my attraction for any of these fantastic male literary characters? Any of them just rub you the wrong way?

2 comments:

  1. Four is on a lot of lists (including mine!) we must have good taste.

    Clay is such a sweetheart even though he did make some bad decisions.

    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips