Sunday, July 20, 2014

Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon: Update 1


Poor, poor Wicked Wildfire Read-a-Thon. It's totally being neglected. There's been sad, sad amounts of reading this week. Today fared no better. My stats are pretty ugly, but I figured I should probably get an update post going.

I had bold plans for the day...they just didn't happen. Seems to be the theme for the week. I did manage to get up and participate in the Wicked Wildfire Twitter Chat, but it was all downhill from there. I situated myself on the couch for some hardcore reading, and then promptly fell asleep...for four hours. Who does that? I am blaming the heat.

After that, I managed to waylay myself further with dinner, margaritas, and some goofing around on my iPad. I am finally now settled in bed, but I can tell by the tequila induced headache I have brewing that there won't be much reading before I crash out for the day.

Ready to see how sad my reading progress has been? I'm totally ashamed by these numbers. Pathetic...

Currently Reading:



Minutes Read Today: 32 minutes

Total Time Read: 1 hours 14 minutes (74 minutes)

Goal: 21 1/2 hours (1300 minutes).



Pages Read Today: 18

Total Pages Read: 79

Goal: 1600 pages.



Books Finished Today: 0

Total Books Finished: 0

Goal: 6 books.



Ugh...maybe I should count the 50 pages I read to finish The Dressmaker as a finished book for read-a-thon stats. This is really looking sad.

I will get some reading in tomorrow, but not a lot. We have a couple of places to be in the afternoon. I'm hoping for two hours before I call it a day. Luckily, I do have Monday off and Darian will be home, so maybe we'll be able to have a reading day and make up for some of my slacking.

Oh...and I discovered today that Monday also starts another read-a-thon I had planned on joining. The High Summer Read-a-Thon over at Seasons of Reading runs from July 21st to 27th. So for half of next week my stats will be counting towards two different read-a-thons. Craziness. Maybe that will give me the push I need to get my reading out of the slump.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips