Friday, October 3, 2014

FrightFall: Thursday Update


The FrightFall Read-a-Thon hosted by Seasons of Reading continues! I haven't gotten as much reading in as I initially had planned, but I've still managed to do pretty well.

I took a small detour from reading yesterday and spent a good chunk of the evening doing middle school algebra. That seems to be the theme of the week. Darian has been struggling a little with the new concepts he's being taught, so I've been helping him with his homework. The good news is that he seems to be catching on. What took us over two hours last night and he night before only took him a little over an hour tonight. Modest improvement. I'll take it. He also seems to be getting a bit more confident in his ability to figure it out on his own. That's good to see.

In addition to algebra, I spent part of last night writing a post that had nothing to do with the read-a-thon. Yesterday was the big reveal. If you missed it, we announced yesterday the theme for this year's pumpkin display. We have a few people who are very excited to see the results. I'm hoping that we meet their expectations. I've been modifying my layout plans a bit and we'll see what the final result is. Ultimately, it just comes down to how many pumpkins we can get our hands on.

Now...about that reading...

Elle's Current Stats 


Minutes Read Wednesday/Thursday : 110 minutes 

Total Time Read : 411 minutes

Goal: 900 minutes



Pages Read Wednesday/Thursday : 122 pages

Total Pages Read: 417 pages

Goal: 900 pages



Books Finished Monday/Tuesday: 1



Total Books Finished: 2

Goal: 4 books





Darian's Current Stats 


Currently Reading: 



Minutes Read Wednesday/Thursday: 110 minutes 

Total Time Read: 385 minutes

Goal: 180 minutes



Pages Read Wednesday/Thursday: 86 pages

Total Pages Read: 262 pages

Goal: 120 pages



I'm headed back to the reading until I crash for the night and then tomorrow is a nice, lazy day off work. As long as I get in a few solid hours this weekend, I should be able to meet my goals without issue. As for Darian, he's done with his participation, but he definitely did well, more than doubling his goals. Not bad. We're using up tomorrow evening for family movie night and then he's off to his mom's for the weekend.

Are you joining in on the read-a-thon fun? If so, how are your goals going? Have you finished your "scary" book yet? I quite enjoyed mine.

I'll be back Saturday for another update on my reading progress before we wrap it all up on Sunday. Until then...

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips