Monday, January 14, 2013

Nighttime is My Time by Mary Higgins Clark

I am SOOO glad I'm changing the review plan for 2013. I'm really itching to start doing something different. I have a PILE of photos that need edited so that I can start posting projects again. I'm kind of excited to share a few of them.

But...I promised to have the 2012 BOTY winner announced by the end of January/first of February, so I had better get on it with these reviews. 


I used to read Mary Higgins Clark all the time. She was one of my favorite authors when I was in high school. I'm not sure why, but for some reason I stopped reading her when I started college. I'm going to blame all of the crummy textbook reading that I had to do.

When I saw a copy of Nighttime is My Time on sale at the Idaho Youth Ranch for $0.50, I had to grab it. I knew it was time to return.

In Nighttime is My Time, Jean Sheridan is attending her 20-year high school reunion. She is to be honored alongside six other class members. But just before the festivities start, one of her classmates winds up dead. Homicide is suspected. Alison is the 5th woman from Jean's class to be found deceased under curious circumstances.

Jean is also shaken by an anonymous letter she receives, one which mentions the daughter that she gave up for adoption twenty years ago...a child no one knows about. The circumstances have her on edge and she soon finds herself wound up in a murder mystery...one where the killer is one of her former classmates.

The story moves really quickly and I had a hard time putting it down. The plot is a little quirky and there are quite a few characters (I found myself confused on who was who more than once), but overall the story is really good. Mary Higgins Clark is great at building the suspense and creating a wonderful "whodunit". I never figure out the truth until the end.

So...while it wasn't my favorite Mary Higgins Clark novel, Nighttime is My Time is still quite good. I ended up rating it 4 out of 5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts You Might LIke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips